To expedite your check-in process, it is helpful if you pre-register online through the Pre-registration tab on this website as soon as you are scheduled for your procedure. Simply click on the Pre-registration link on the menu, fill out all of the requested information and it will be forwarded to the Surgery Center. Our Pre-Operative Call Nurse will call you one to two business days prior to your procedure to give you specific eating instructions, tell you what time to arrive and obtain any information still needed.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
Do not drink or eat anything – not even gum, hard candy or a glass of water – after midnight the night before your procedure unless otherwise advised by the Surgery Center. Also, children may receive different instructions.
Pain patients may have clear liquids –no dairy, cream or fats– six (6) hours prior to your procedure IF you are having sedation.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please bathe or shower prior to your surgery. Remove all makeup and leave at least one nail free of polish. Do not use lotions or oils after bathing. We also ask that you empty your bladder before your procedure.
Wear loose-fitting, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings. We will provide a patient gown, bathrobe and non-skid slippers for your stay.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Items To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses, COVID vaccine card.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. You will not be permitted to drive yourself nor take a taxi or Uber unaccompanied.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children under 18 and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department at 203-374-1515 as soon as possible.